Easy, delicious, filling, and super healthy corn bean salad.
We used sautéed corn kernels in this recipe. Grilled, roasted, or even boiled corn will taste just as good.
Corn Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups fresh corn (or sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup cooked red beans (or any bean of your choice)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium english cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients : olive oil + lemon juice + salt + pepper + garlic + smoked paprika. Mix well and set aside.
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil + fresh corn + a bit of salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 5 minutes, or until the skin is slightly charred. Turn off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn + cooked beans + onion + bell pepper + jalapeno + cherry tomatoes + cucumbers + cilantro.
- Pour the dressing on top and mix well. Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!