Vegan Date Caramel
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional caramel, look no further! This 5-ingredient vegan date caramel is the perfect solution.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, this recipe is quick and easy to make, and it’s thick, creamy, and sweet to the core.
You can use this caramel in many different ways:
- As a topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt. The creamy texture of the caramel pairs perfectly with the cold and creamy texture of ice cream.
- As a filling or topping for cakes and pancakes. The caramel adds a delicious sweetness and creaminess to any baked goods.
- As a dip for fresh fruit. The caramel provides a delicious contrast to the natural sweetness of the fruit.
- As a spread on toast or crackers. It can be used as a sweet spread to make your breakfast even more delicious.
- As a drizzle over oatmeal or yogurt. Adding a drizzle of this caramel can make your breakfast more delicious and healthy.
Vegan Date Caramel
- Soak 1/2 cup pitted dates in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Add the soaked (and drained) dates to a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Soaking hard and firm dates in hot water makes them soft and hence easier to blend. This also makes the caramel really creamy.
- To adjust the thickness of your caramel, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- You can store the caramel (in an air-tight container) in the fridge for 5-6 days.
If you liked this Vegan Date Caramel recipe, check out this delicious Vegan Nutella (Chocolate Hazelnut Spread) I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks), where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Vegan caramel, Date caramel, Vegan dessert, Natural sweetener, Vegan recipe, Dairy-free caramel, Healthy caramel, Easy vegan recipe, 5-ingredient recipe, Refined sugar-free recipe, Caramel sauce recipe, Vegan sauce recipe, Vegan fruit dip, Medjool dates recipe, Creamy vegan caramel