Ultimate no bake vegan brownies are here, and boy are they incredible!
All you need is 15 minutes and 7 simple ingredients.
The process is really easy – grind, press, pour, freeze, slice…and you’re done.
No Bake Vegan Brownies
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- Salt (pinch)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 20 dates (pitted)
- 1 cup dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped, to garnish)
- To a food processor, add almonds + walnuts + salt + cocoa powder. Process until gritty.
- Add dates and continue processing - preferably until the mixture is crumbly and sticky.
- Transfer this mixture to a parchment-lined baking dish. Using your palm, press and flatten the mixture - make it firm. Set aside.
- Next, melt the chocolate. You can melt using a microwave (30 seconds - mix - 30 seconds), or using a double-boiler method.
- Add coconut milk to the melted chocolate. Mix well and pour it over the almond-walnut mixture (in the baking dish). Spread evenly and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into equal halves and serve chilled.
- For the sweetener, I used dates instead of regular sugar. Dates are (1) healthy + rich in iron, (2) help make the mixture ‘sticky’ – super important in a recipe like this, and (3) make the brownies taste AWESOME!
- You can easily swap coconut milk with coconut cream.
These were my first vegan brownies (ever) and didn’t have high hopes or what to expect. But I ended up loving it. I sprinkled a bit of ground sea salt on top.