Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies
Hi friends! I’m so excited to share this delicious gluten-free vegan thumbprint cookie recipe with you today. Due to popular demand, I’m starting to include more and more gluten-free recipes on Veganbell and I hope you’ll enjoy all the diverse dishes I’ll be posting here.
These cookies are primarily made using a combination of oat flour and almond flour, which gives them a deliciously nutty and slightly chewy texture. As a sweetener, I used coconut nectar, but you can use any other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar if you prefer.
For the filling, I used a variety of fruit jams like orange, black grape, and this homemade strawberry-chia jam. You can also use chocolate-hazelnut spread if you’re in the mood for something a little more indulgent.
Vegan Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- Fruit jam(s) of your choice
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut syrup (or maple syrup) + peanut butter + soy milk + vanilla extract + salt. Mix well.
- Once everything is well-combined, add oat flour + almond flour + baking powder + baking soda. Stir and mix using a spatula until a dough is formed.
- Let it chill for 25-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop around 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a flattened, spherical disc (see video for reference). Make sure there isn't any crack while doing this. Transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
- Using your thumb, gently press down to make a small 'well' in the center. Repeat the same for the rest. Then fill up these well with jam.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C / 355 F for 14 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up. Then transfer to cooling rack. Gluten-free thumbprint cookies are now ready. Enjoy!
- The dough should be allowed to chill for at least 25 minutes so that you can shape them without cracking.
- The nutritional chart does not contain macros from the fruit jams.
If you liked this Vegan Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies recipe, check out these Matcha-Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Gluten-free thumbprint cookies, Vegan thumbprint cookies, Oat flour cookies, Almond flour cookies, Coconut nectar, Maple syrup, Fruit jam cookies, Chocolate-hazelnut filling, plant-based, desserts, sweets, baking, vegan baking
Whoa! This looks so good. I have some cranberry jam and will try with it.