Cozy, One-Pot Chickpea Soup
Hi friends! Winter is here and I have a tasty and comforting soup to share with you.
This one-pot recipe is simple and easy to make, using basic ingredients. The soup is creamy and hearty, providing plenty of protein and nutrients.
I also added some crispy air-fried toppings for extra flavor and texture. If you like, you can add fried tofu or croutons.
It’s a delicious and satisfying meal for cold weather.
Cozy, One-Pot Chickpea Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 small green chilies chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 large potato chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or use canned)
- 1/4 cup stems of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Air-fried chickpeas (to garnish)
- Extra virgin olive oil (to garnish)
- Paprika (to garnish)
- Set a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion + green chili + bay leaf. Stir-sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add carrot + potato and stir-cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the carrot starts to soften.
- Then add cooked/canned chickpeas + cilantro stems + dried rosemary + salt + pepper + veggie stock. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove (and discard) the bay leaf and blend using an immersion blender until everything is nice and creamy. If you don't have an immersion blender, let the mixture cool down a bit. Transfer to a high-speed blender and blend. Reheat if needed.
- Now add lemon juice + lemon zest + cilantro. Give it a quick mix.
- Transfer to serving bowl(s) and garnish with crispy air-fried chickpeas (or use fried tofu, or croutons) + extra virgin olive oil + cilantro + paprika.
- Cozy, one-pot chickpea soup is ready. Enjoy!
- Nutritional chart does not contain macros from the garnishing ingredients.
- If you don't have veggie stock, just use water.
If you liked this Cozy, One-Pot Chickpea Soup recipe, check out this delicious Roasted Tomato Basil Soup I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: vegan, winter, chickpea, soup, healthy, hearty, one-pot, plant-based, protein, cholesterol-free, easy, simple, comforting, satisfying, vegan winter soup, vegan chickpea soup, healthy soup recipe, hearty soup recipe, one-pot soup recipe, plant-based protein, fiber-rich soup, nourishing soup
We loved this soup, it has an amazing savory flavor and was really easy to make.
Me and my fiancé made this soup for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious! More one-pot recipes please.
This is our new family-fav soup. We love to dip toasted sourdough bread in it and the kids enjoy it as well. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe was a hit! My husband initially thought it was a thinner version of hummus, but he ended up devouring it lol.