Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Hi friends! Ready for a delightful Vietnamese twist on your favorite iced coffee?
With just a simple swap, you can make this indulgent drink completely vegan! How? By replacing traditional condensed milk with its oat or coconut milk counterpart, you create a new taste adventure without straying far from the original recipe.
The oat milk version gives a gentle sweetness, while the coconut milk adds a hint of tropical paradise.
If you’re worried about the brewing process, don’t. It’s super simple. All you need is a Vietnamese coffee press, or a ‘phin’ filter, which you can easily find online or at your local Asian grocery store.
You brew directly into a glass containing your chosen condensed plant milk, and as the coffee drips in, it creates a beautifully layered, deliciously creamy concoction.
Here’s the cherry on top: this recipe couldn’t be simpler. No need for fancy barista skills or complex coffee machinery – just a few ingredients and a bit of patience.
Let’s go! 🙂
Vietnamese Iced Coffee
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee preferably a dark roast
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons condensed coconut milk (or condensed oat milk)
- Ice cubes
- First, place your phin filter over a tall glass. Add the ground coffee to the filter.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the boiling water to the filter, saturating the coffee grounds. Let the coffee "bloom" for about 30 seconds, which will help release the coffee's aroma and flavor.
- After the bloom, slowly add the remaining boiling water to the filter, filling it up to the top. Cover the filter and allow the coffee to drip into the glass. This process should take about 4-5 minutes.
- Once all the coffee has dripped through, carefully remove the filter. You now have your brewed coffee ready.
- In a serving glass, add a generous amount of ice cubes.
- Pour the condensed milk over the ice, then add the prepared coffee.
- Stir well to blend the coffee and condensed milk together. Vegan Vietnamese Iced Coffee is ready. Enjoy!
If you liked this Vietnamese Iced Coffee recipe, check out this delicious Vegan Banana Lassi recipe I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: Vegan Vietnamese Iced Coffee Recipe, How to Make, Dairy-free, Homemade, With Condensed Oat Milk, Condensed Coconut Milk, Phin Filter Brewing Guide, Best Iced Coffee Recipes, Plant-based, Vegan-friendly Cà Phê Sữa Đá, Refreshing Summer Beverages, DIY, Easy Asian, Traditional Turned Vegan