Vegan Thai Red Curry
If you’re a fan of Asian food (and particularly Thai food) and are looking for a hearty, veggie-packed lunch or dinner idea, this delicious Vegan Thai Red Curry is for you! Serve it alongside some basmati rice and you’ll be craving it again and again.
I’ll admit, I initially set out to make my own red curry paste from scratch but couldn’t find all the necessary ingredients. Instead, I ended up buying a small tub of pre-made red curry paste from my local Asian grocery store. It’s super convenient and saves a lot of time (make sure it’s vegan).
Vegan Thai Red Curry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (cut into large petals)
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1.5 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (make sure it's vegan)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon jaggery (or sugar)
- Salt (only add if your curry paste isn't salted)
- 200 gm. tofu (7 oz.)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Lime/Lemon (to garnish)
- Set a large pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add onion + zucchini + bell peppers + salt. Stir-sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the veggies turn soft.
- Remove the veggies from the pan and set them aside.
- To the same pan, add oil + garlic. Stir-sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Add the red curry paste. Mix well and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the coconut milk + soy sauce + jaggery (or sugar).
- Stir and mix continuously until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the sauteed veggies back into the pan.
- Add tofu. Stir and mix until the curry starts to simmer.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Thai red curry is ready. Garnish with cilantro and lemon/lime and serve alongside rice.
- The nutrition chart does not contain macros from rice.
If you liked this Vegan Thai Red Curry recipe, check out this delicious Chickpea Tofu Curry I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: vegan asian recipes, thai red curry recipe, vegetable red curry, coconut milk curry, rice bowl, rice and curry, plant-based curry, hearty and filling dinner idea, tofu curry recipe