Pecan Chocolate Dates
Hello friends! I’m excited to share my latest snack obsession with you – pecan chocolate dates. If you’re a fan of dates like I am, you’re going to love these. They’re so easy to make and only require 4 simple ingredients, but they’re packed with flavor and have a satisfying crunch.
To make these pecan chocolate dates, you’ll start by filling pitted Medjool dates with a whole pecan and some peanut butter. Then, simply melt some dark chocolate and coat the stuffed dates in the melted chocolate.
I like to top mine with some dried rose petals and sea salt flakes for added flavor and texture, but you can get creative with your toppings and try different nuts or spices.
Super fun to prepare and comes together in minutes. I hope you’ll take the time to prepare them. They are so good.
Pecan Chocolate Dates
- 10 Medjool dates
- 10 teaspoons peanut butter
- 10 whole pecans
- 3/4 cup melted dark chocolate* (see notes on how to melt dark chocolate)
- Sea salt flakes
- Dried rose petals
- Using a knife, gently pierce a Medjool date (do not cut it in half) and remove the pit.
- Fill the date with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Insert 1 whole pecan and 'close' the date.
- Dip it in chocolate and transfer it to a parchment-lined sheet. Then top it with dried rose petals (or sea salt flakes).
- Repeat the above steps for the rest of the dates.
- Let them chill for 20-30 minutes. Pecan chocolate dates are ready. Enjoy!
- Make sure you melt the chocolate using the double boiling method. To do this, fill a saucepan with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water and bring it to a simmer. Then add the dark chocolate to a mixing bowl. Place this mixing bowl on the saucepan. Gently stir the chocolate until it's melted.
- You can also use your favorite nuts (like peanuts, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, Brazillian nuts instead of pecans).
If you liked this Pecan Chocolate Dates recipe, check out these delicious Matcha Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Pecan chocolate dates, Chocolate covered dates, Peanut butter dates, Dark chocolate dates, Medjool date recipe, Easy snack recipe, 4-ingredient recipe, Quick and easy snack, Party snack, Healthy snack idea, Vegan snack, Gluten-free snack, Date and nut snack, Chocolate and peanut butter snack, Filled dates recipe, Rose petal topped dates, Sea salt flake topped dates