Vegan Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta is a simple and delicious pudding/dessert made by cooking and thickening coconut cream with agar-agar.
Agar-agar gives it a ‘gelatinous’ texture. I topped it off with berry compote.
With everyday ingredients and easy steps, this is a must-try vegan dessert. 🙂
Vegan Panna Cotta
To prepare the pudding,
- 2.5 cups coconut cream
- 3/4 teaspoon agar-agar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To prepare the berry compote,
- 1.5 cups mixed frozen berries (i used black, blue and straw-berries)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Step A : Prepare the pudding
- Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut cream + agar agar + maple syrup + vanilla extract. Stir well and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a yogurt/pudding jar. Let it cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
Step B : Prepare the berry compote
- Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add mixed berries + maple syrup + lemon juice. Mix well and bring everything to a boil.
- Using a potato masher, mash until the berries are pulpy. Using a spatula, stir-cook until the mixture is thick and the excess liquid is evaporated.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for 1 hour (you can also store it in the fridge).
- Pour the berry compote on top of the pudding. Garnish with fresh mint. Serve.
If you liked this Vegan Panna Cotta recipe, check out this delicious Instant Pot Rice Pudding recipe we posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, deals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Can I substitute agar-agar with cornstarch?
Hi Jay. I haven’t tried making it with cornstarch, but I’ve seen people do it with good results. Thanks!