Vegan Minestrone Soup
Hi friends! I’m excited to share this hearty and filling vegan minestrone soup recipe with you today. This soup is packed with vegetables and is perfect for a nourishing and satisfying meal.
There’s no particular method or specific ingredients required to make this minestrone soup – I simply used the most seasonal vegetables I could find, such as carrots, zucchini, and spinach. The addition of macaroni (carb) and beans (protein) makes this soup a wholesome and complete meal.
This vegan minestrone soup relies heavily on the use of tomatoes, so if you’re a fan of this delicious fruit, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try. Simply mix together all of the ingredients in a large pot or Dutch oven and let it simmer until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together.
Serve this soup with a sprinkle of fresh herbs or a drizzle of olive oil for added flavor. It’s the perfect meal for a cold day or when you’re in the mood for something hearty and filling. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 1 medium zucchini (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3/4 cup maraconi
- 1.5 cups kidney beans (cooked or canned)
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 2 handful spinach
- Set a large cooking pot over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion + bay leaf + carrot + celery. Stir-sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add green beans + green peas + zucchini. Mix well and stir-sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Next, add tomato paste + dried herbs + sun-dried tomatoes. Mix well and stir-cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree + macaroni + cooked/canned kidney bean + veggie stock + salt + pepper.
- Turn up the heat to high and give everything a nice and gentle stir. As it stars boiling, turn down the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 8 minutes.
- *After 8 minutes* Uncover and turn down the heat to low.
- Add spinach. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minute or until the spinach is wilted. Your vegan minestrone soup is ready.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer to serving bowl(s) and enjoy while it's still hot!
If you enjoyed this Vegan Minestrone Soup recipe, check out this delicious Mushroom Barley Risotto I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Vegan minestrone soup, Vegetable soup recipe, Carrot, Zucchini, Spinach, Macaroni, Bean, Wholesome soup recipe, Filling, Tomato, Winter soup ideas, Hearty soup recipe idea, plant-based minestrone soup recipe.