Vegan Masala Chai
Are you a chai lover who is looking for a vegan version of this classic beverage? Look no further!
This recipe for vegan masala chai is not only delicious, but it’s also quick and easy to make. In just 7 minutes, you can have a warm, comforting cup of spiced tea that will warm you up on a chilly day or refresh you on a warm one.
Vegan Masala Chai
- 1.25 cup water (300 ml.)
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon tea leaves
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup soy milk (or almond milk) (200 ml.)
- Using a spice grinder or mortar-pestle, crush & grind the whole spices (cinnamon stick + cloves + cardamoms). Add the ginger piece and crush/grind it.
- Heat water. Once hot, add the spice mixture + tea leaves + sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool for about 1-2 minutes. Using a strainer, pour the tea into a serving cup(s).
- Add almond milk and give it a gentle stir.
If you liked this Vegan Masala Chai recipe, check out this delicious Roasted Tomato Basil Soup I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: vegan chai recipe, vegan chai recipe, quick masala chai, vegan spiced tea recipe, vegan chai latte recipe, vegan masala tea recipe, homemade vegan masala chai, vegan chai spices, vegan chai mix recipe, vegan chai tea bags
I was just thinking of widening my Indian cooking skills and this couldn’t have dropped in a better time. Thanks, guys!
Love vegan chai. It just gives you a good start without feeling guilty. Thank you Neelam