Cold Tahini Noodle Salad
Hi friends! Summer is here and with the warm weather comes the craving for refreshing, cold meals.
If you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your summer rotation, look no further than this delicious Cold Tahini Noodle Salad. It’s packed with Asian flavors and is the perfect balance of sweet, tangy, and savory. Plus, it’s versatile and easy to make, so you can customize it to suit your taste buds.
I find that soba noodles work best because they hold their texture well after cooking and are easy to work with. For the salad, I used a combination of frozen peas, green beans, cucumber, red cabbage, and green onions, but feel free to use any veggies you like.
The dressing is where the salad gets its unique Asian flavors. I used a combination of tahini, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and lemon juice.
It’s super easy to make and customize, so you can experiment with different noodle and veggie combinations until you find your perfect combination.
Cold Tahini Noodle Salad
- 5 oz. (150 gm.) soba noodle, or any noodle you like
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small cucumber (chopped)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 4-5 cups of water + salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add noodles and **undercook** by around 2 minutes (according to the package instructions).
- Add green beans + frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes (or until the noodles are done). We want the beans to be 'just crunchy' so 2 minutes is more than enough.
- Turn off the heat. Using a sieve, immediately transfer everything to a bowl-ful of ice-cold water. Set aside.
- Time to prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, add all the dressing ingredients - tahini + garlic + ginger + maple syrup + soy sauce + rice vinegar + toasted sesame oil + extra virgin olive oil + pepper + lemon juice.
- Using a whisker, combine everything until thick and creamy. Add 2 tablespoons of water and combine again until smooth. You can adjust this water content to your liking. Set aside.
- Back to the noodles. Drain and transfer the noodles onto a large bowl. Add cucumber + red cabbage + green onion + cilantro + toasted sesame.
- Next, add the dressing and gently mix everything using tongs.
- That's it, cold tahini noodle salad is ready. Plate up, and enjoy!
If you liked this Cold Tahini Noodle Salad recipe, check out these delicious Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: cold noodle salad, Asian flavors, summer meal, soba noodles, versatile, easy to make, sweet, tangy, savory, refreshing, satisfying, tahini, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, garnish, sesame seeds, green onions, vegan alternative, customizable, salad dressing
Soooo good! Made this as a quick dinner tonight and it was a big hit. Definitely adding this into my summer meal rotation.