Juiciest Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider that’s ready in 15 minutes. This has to be our favorite jackfruit recipe, ever.
Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider
To prepare coleslaw,
Step A : Prepare the coleslaw
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the coleslaw ingredients : cabbage + carrot + salt + pepper + mustard paste (or dijon mustard) + lemon juice + brown sugar + vegan mayonnaise.
- Mix well and let it chill in the fridge.
Step B : Prepare the jackfruit
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add onion and stir-saute until light brown.
- Add the boiled (or canned) jackfruit + salt + pepper + red chili powder + smoked paprika + garlic powder. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minute over low-medium heat.
- Next, add water + vegan BBQ sauce. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes over low-medium heat, or until excessive liquid is absorbed and the mixture is nice and juicy.
Step C : Assemble
- Time to assemble the slider. Toast some buns and layer it up with the coleslaw, jackfruit, and some pickled onion on top. Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider is ready!
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!