Tofu Green Chutney Sandwich
Hi friends! If you’re in the mood for some fast food but prefer not to buy from outside, give this homemade Tofu Green Chutney Sandwich a try. Super easy to prepare (comes together in just 15 minutes) and tastes AMAZING!
The star of this sandwich is the zesty green chutney, which is made from fresh cilantro, mint leaves, roasted chickpea flour, and a blend of spices. It gives the sandwich a satisfying kick that will leave your taste buds dancing.
Next, we fry the tofu slices with oil, salt, and pepper until they are golden brown. We then layer these slices on toasted bread slathered with vegan mayo and green chutney.
Then we add some lettuce, tomato, and onion for crunch and freshness, creating a sandwich that is both filling and flavorful.
The great thing about this recipe is its versatility. You can easily swap out the tofu for your favorite protein (like mashed beans), or even mushrooms. And if mayo is not your thing, replace it with hummus.
Let’s go! 🙂
Tofu Green Chutney Sandwich
To prepare green chutney,
To fry tofu slices,
To toast the bread,
- 2 sandwich bread slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Vegan mayo
Step A : Prepare the green chutney
- In a blender/grinder, add all the chutney ingredients and blend until saucy. Set aside.
Step B : Fry the tofu slices
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil. Once it's hot, sprinkle salt + pepper and add the tofu slices. Let them fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Flip and fry the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
Step C : Toast the bread
- Set the (same) pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add the sandwich bread and toast until golden brown. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Step D : Assemble
- Time to assemble the sandwich. Pour and slather 2 sandwich slices with vegan mayo and green chutney.
- Layer the mayo-slathered slice with lettuce, tomato slices, salt (sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of tomato slices), fried tofu slices, and sliced onion.
- Finally, place the chutney-slathered slice on top and press.
- Tofu green chutney sandwich is ready. Enjoy with baked potatoes and something sweet (I enjoy mine with cold coffee).
- The nutritional chart does not contain macros from the sandwich bread and the fillings.
If you liked this Tofu Green Chutney Sandwich recipe, check out this delicious Kidney Bean Burger I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: tofu green chutney sandwich, vegan sandwich, plant-based sandwich recipes, vegan mayo, green chutney, mint, cilantro, spices, fried tofu, lettuce, tomato, onion, filling, flavorful, quick lunch, snack, healthy, plant-based, meatless, delicious, veganuary meal ideas, meat-free, vegan brunch and lunch ideas