Simple Orange Cake
Hi friends! I’m excited to share this delicious and Simple Orange Cake recipe with you today. My previous posts on desserts have been getting a lot of engagement and I wanted to follow up on that momentum with another tasty treat.
This vegan orange cake is made with just 10 simple ingredients and is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. It’s made with fresh oranges and has a moist, fluffy texture that’s hard to resist.
To make this cake, simply mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Then, combine the two and mix until smooth. Transfer the batter to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I also made an incredibly delicious frosting to go with the cake. For this, I used full-fat coconut cream and added a bit of orange zest to amp up the flavor even more.
Simple Orange Cake
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Orange peel
- Mint leaves
- Sift all-purpose flour + baking powder + baking soda + cinnamon + powdered sugar + salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add orange juice + oil + orange zest + vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk well until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake at 160 C / 320 F for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it sit for 5-8 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a cake stand.
- Time to make the frosting. To a mixing bowl, add chilled coconut cream + powdered sugar + orange zest. Using an electric beater, beat until everything is nice and fluffy.
- Gently and evenly spread this frosting on top of the cake.*
- Garnish with chopped pistachios + orange peel + mint leaves. Your orange cake is now ready. Enjoy!
- *Note: You can double the frosting and completely cover the cake - if you want.
If you liked this Simple Orange Cake recipe, check out this delicious No-Bake Vegan Mango Cheesecake I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: vegan baking, orange cake, easy vegan orange cake, plant-based cake, fluffy and delicious cake recipe, moist cake, coconut cream frosting, orange zest topping, citrus-flavored cake