Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi fried rice is a popular Korean dish that is made with leftover rice, kimchi, and a variety of other ingredients. It is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
The key to making good kimchi fried rice is to use good quality kimchi. The kimchi should be sour and spicy, and it should have a good amount of juice.
The rice should also be cold, as this will help to prevent the fried rice from becoming mushy.
In addition to kimchi and rice, there are a variety of other ingredients that can be added to kimchi fried rice. I used firm-tofu for the added protein. Green peas, sweet corn, and zucchini would be a great addition too.
It’s also a fantastic way to use up leftover rice. Or if you’re bored with your same-old fried this, this is a great recipe to spice things up.
Let’s get started! 🙂
Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200 gm. firm tofu cubed, 200 gm = 7 oz
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 250 gm. kimchi chopped, 250 gm = 9 oz
- 1.5 tablespoons gochujang (Korean red chili paste)
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1.5 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onion freshly chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Set a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add the cubed tofu to the pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the tofu turns golden on all sides.
- Push the tofu to one corner of the pan to make space for the garlic in the center.
- Add the chopped garlic to the center of the pan and stir-sauté for 2-3 minutes until it becomes golden and aromatic.
- Stir the tofu and garlic together for an additional minute, ensuring the garlic doesn't burn.
- Now, add the chopped kimchi + gochujang + soy sauce to the pan. Stir-fry everything together for 3-4 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Add the leftover rice to the pan and gently fold and mix everything together. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to ensure the rice is heated through and well-coated with the kimchi and seasonings.
- Add kimchi juice + toasted sesame oil + freshly chopped green onion. Continue to mix well and cook for an additional 1 minute to let the flavors incorporate.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the fried rice to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Kimchi fried rice is ready. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this Kimchi Fried Rice recipe, check out these delicious Chili Garlic Jackfruit Noodles I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe, Korean Rice Dish, Easy Vegan Fried Rice, Korean Lunch Dinner Ideas, Simple Easy Vegan Korean Recipes, Plant-Based Homemade, Hearty, Wholesome, Healthy