Kidney Bean Patties
Hi friends! I’m super excited to share this mouthwatering kidney bean patties recipe that you’ll absolutely love. These delightful plant-based patties are not only tasty but also loaded with nutrition. Trust me; you won’t be able to get enough of them!
Kidney beans are nutritional powerhouses, boasting protein, fiber, and iron, making these patties a fantastic addition to any meal.
And the best part? They’re incredibly versatile! You can savor them as a scrumptious veggie burger in a bun or serve them with baked potatoes and creamy hummus for a wholesome meal.
But that’s not all! These kidney bean patties can be crumbled over a fresh salad for an added protein boost or even stuffed into pita pockets with veggies and tahini sauce for a Mediterranean twist. The possibilities are endless.
Baking these patties gives them a delightfully crispy exterior while keeping the interior tender and moist. And since they’re baked, you can indulge guilt-free, knowing they’re a healthier alternative to deep-fried patties.
So, give these amazing kidney bean patties a try, and let me know how you like them.
Let’s go! 🙂
Kidney Bean Patties
Step A : Cook the kidney beans (skip to step 5 if you're using canned beans)
- Soak kidney beans in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- *After 8 hours* Drain and transfer the beans to a jiggletop / stovetop / electric pressure cooker. Add 3 cups of water + 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Secure the lid and seal the valve.For jiggletop pressure cooker, cook over medium heat for 5-6 whistles. For stovetop pressure cooker, cook over medium heat for 20 minutes after it indicates high pressure.For electric pressure cooker, set the timer to 25 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
- Once it's cooked, do a quick pressure release. Open the lid and drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mash it up using a potato masher. Set aside.
Step B : Saute (and then blend)
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion and stir-saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion's translucent.
- Now, add peas and stir-cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer this mixture to a blender.
- Add lemon juice + nutritional yeast + paprika + salt + pepper to the blender. Blend to a paste.
Step C : Shape them into patties
- Transfer this paste to the large bowl (that contains mashed Kidney Beans). Add oat flour and mix well using your hands.
- Scoop a portion of this mixture and shape it into a round patty. Depending on the size, you should be able to make 5-6 patties. Transfer the patties to a tray.
Step D : Freeze (optional) and then bake
- Chill the patties for 3-4 hours (optional). Brush the top with a bit of olive oil. Then bake for 40 minutes at 230 C (450 F), flipping halfway.
- Kidney bean patties is ready.
If you liked this Kidney Bean Patties, check out this delicious Kidney Bean Burger I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: Kidney Bean Patties, Plant-Based Meal, Veggie Burger Recipe, Protein-Packed Patties, Nutritious Vegetarian Dish, Baked Bean Patties, Healthy Vegan Meal, Kidney Bean Burger, Easy Bean Patties, Gluten-Free Veggie Patties, Iron-Rich Recipe, Fiber-Rich Meal, Legume-Based Recipe, Wholesome Vegan Dinner, Kidney Bean Pita Pocket, Vegetarian Burger Alternative, Bean Patty Salad Topper