Golden Tofu Veggie Curry
Hi everyone! I made a large batch of this Golden Tofu Veggie Curry for family dinner last night…and it was a HIT!
This curry is super hearty, healthy, and delicious. It’s a one-pot dish and pretty easy to put together. No fancy ingredients – just some classic Indian spices that you can find in any Indian/Asian marketplace.
Pair it up with rice, naan, or any flatbreads, and you’ll definitely want to add it to your weekly meal rotation.
Golden Tofu Veggie Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (or use 1/4 teaspoon chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato chopped
- 1 teaspoon jaggery (or use sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 18 oz. tofu (250 gm.), use firm or extra firm; cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Set a pan (preferably deep) over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it’s hot, add garlic + ginger + onion and stir-saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is golden.
- Add tomato puree + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + Kashmiri red chili powder + salt + pepper. Mix well, cover the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Next, add carrots + green peas + cauliflower florets + potatoes + jaggery powder + water.
- Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Uncover the pan and add tofu + coconut milk. Stir gently.
- Cover the pan, turn down the heat to low-medium, and simmer for 15 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle garam masala + freshly chopped cilantro. Give everything a gentle mix. Serve hot over rice.
If you liked this Golden Tofu Veggie Curry, check out this simple yet delicious Instant Pot Rice Pudding (Kheer) recipe I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from our blog, check out OneRainbow Plant Life’s incredible Restaurant-Style Dal Tadka.
If you’d like to support me (and cook delicious, restaurant-style Indian recipes), check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook. It has 90 awesome Indian vegan recipes.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
This is hands down my favorite curry from you guys. Thank you for including it on your cookbook. I love it.
Finally, I received your vegan recipes. Thank you.