Hi friends! Are you looking for a delicious curry recipe that will elevate your dinner game? Look no further! This vegan broccoli curry is the perfect addition to your rice, roti, or naan and is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The combination of classical Indian spices and coconut cream makes this dish extremely rich in taste and texture, providing a truly satisfying and flavorful meal. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, making it the perfect dish for a busy weeknight dinner or a casual gathering with friends and family.
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets (steamed)
- 1 cup potato (steamed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- In a blender (or a food processor), add onion + ginger + garlic + green chilies + tomatoes + coriander. Blend to make a paste and set aside.
- Set a pan over low-medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once it's hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter and turn brown.
- Add the paste + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + salt. Mix well and cook for 10-12 minutes (over low-medium heat) or until all the liquid is evaporated and the mixture turns brownish. Stir frequently to avoid burn *important*.
- Add steamed broccoli + potatoes + 3/4 cup water. Stir and mix. Cover the lid *important* and cook for 5-7 minutes over low-medium.
- Add the coconut cream and give it a final stir. Your broccoli curry is ready. Serve with rice, naans, rotis or your fav flatbreads.
If you enjoyed this Broccoli Curry, check out this delicious Vegan Palak Paneer recipe I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks), where I teach you how to make 70 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: vegan curry recipe ideas, plant-based dinner recipes, spiced, Indian cuisine dishes, vegan Indian recipe and meal, Indian spices, coconut cream, flavorful, easy recipe, rice, roti, naan, vegan meal, delicious, satisfying, weeknight dinner, casual gathering, family and friends, busy weeknight, healthy vegan recipe, one-pot curry