Indian Aloo Gobi Recipe
Delicious Aloo Gobi (which translates to “Potato Cauliflower”) makes a wonderful side dish for your rice, quinoa, or flatbreads like naan, or even wraps!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it’s hot, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter for 30-40 seconds. Then add garlic + ginger + onion + asafoetida and stir-sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is golden.
- Add potatoes and give it a quick mix. Cover the pan and sauté for 5 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Next, add cauliflower florets. Stir, cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + Kashmiri red chili powder + salt. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes + green peas. Mix well, cover the pan, and cook for 9-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!