Minty Quinoa Salad
Hi friends! Summer is here and it’s the perfect time to enjoy a refreshing and healthy salad.
This minty quinoa salad is a great option for a light and flavorful meal, packed with nutrition and delicious flavor. The quinoa provides a boost of plant-based protein, while the mint and lemon add a burst of freshness and the toasted nuts and seeds add a satisfying crunch.
This salad is simple to make and can be served as a side dish or a main course. Perfect for a hot summer day, this salad recipe is easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a great option for picnics, potlucks, and parties.
Minty Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cups grated carrot
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (steamed)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup pomegranate
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add walnuts + sunflower seeds + pumpkin seeds. Stir-toast for 3-4 minutes, or until the seeds puff up a bit.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl. Pour extra virgin olive oil + curry powder to the bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa + grated carrot + steamed broccoli florets + shredded red cabbage + pomegranate + mint leaves + salt + pepper + olive oil + lemon juice.
- Mix well. Then add about 3/4 part of the spiced and toasted seeds and mix gently (do not overmix).
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top it off with the remaining spiced seeds mixture. Enjoy!
If you liked this Minty Quinoa Salad, check out this delish Vegan Couscous Salad I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan, Air Fryer Vegan, and all my upcoming cookbooks where I teach you how to make hundreds of delicious plant-based recipes.
Thank you for stopping by!
Keywords: Minty, Quinoa, Salad, Refreshing, Nutritious, Lemon, Colorful, Savory, Nuts, Seeds, Olive oil, Curry powder, Summer recipe, Light meal, Plant-based protein, Easy to make, Perfect for picnics, Potlucks, Parties, Freshness, Plant-Based salad, Vegan Salad Ideas